Answers to Questions

Many states protect unclaimed money and hold it until it is claimed by the rightful owner.

To make a claim, you must first do a search. Then, next to the name, click the button. You may be requested to print a claim form, sign it, and submit it to the state, or your claim may be delivered online to the state. Simply follow the on-screen prompts.

If a company, government, bank, or other entity owes you money and can't reach you, the money may be turned over to your state government.

It's simple to search! Simply type the name of the person you're looking for into the search box on our main page. Review the results by clicking SEARCH.

We assist you in searching multiple state records in one location because there is no centralized mechanism for claiming this money.

If you find money that belongs to you, we'll direct you to the official state process for filing a claim.

No, until you claim your property from the state or province, they operate as caretakers.

States and provinces use a variety of methods to locate missing property owners. Many states provide listings in broad circulation publications. In addition, several states and provinces set up booths at state fairs and other events, and many hold telethons to try to locate lost owners.

If you think that you are the rightful heir or beneficiary, be sure to follow all of the instructions provided on the claim form. States and provinces have different requirements for processing claims, but generally you would be required to provide documentation such as death certificate, letters of testamentary, proof of the account owner's connection with the last known address, and so on.